Transport & Distribution
VISA owns and operates a large fleet of GPS controlled transport equipment in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Fremantle and Adelaide.
The fleet (which includes over 100 trucks, 150 trailers and 25 side loaders all with GPS tracking) is configured for container transport and to also provide distribution of goods stored in our various warehouses.
We also operate full container storage facilities in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle, enabling our customers to better manage the movement of their goods through their warehouse operations.
This division is fully integrated with our international freight, customs brokerage and warehouse divisions.
This seamlessness enables us to successfully manage the 35,000 time slots and 50,000 hours we spend every year at wharves collecting our customer’s goods and transporting them over five million kilometers to our customer’s warehouses and distribution centres across Australia.
- They are configured for container transport and provide distribution of goods stored in various warehouses;
- Our drivers use a handheld scanner device to generate job details, arrival and delivery times and the POD signature.
- This information is scanned directly into the transport module of One Track.
- Customers are able to login to the system and see the information live:
- Scheduling details are updated in real time as they happen and are fully visible from your computer.
- With our mobile systems, signature capture and timestamps are accurate and reliable.
- Proof of Delivery can be printed directly from the system (including actual signature).
- Delivery dates can be requested by customers direct in the system - an alert is sent to you when the requested date is accepted, or if the date is changed for any reason.
- Close integration with the customs department lets customers see the release status of particular containers and helps prompt them for any missing documentation
- Detention and storage dates are built in – our system can send customers a reminder if they have containers which are about to incur a storage/detention charge
- Information is open and transparent – VISA uses the same system to book and control shipping jobs.
For a quote or further information from the Visa Global Logistics team please contact us