VISA Global Logistics approaches environmental sustainability with a proactive and innovative attitude. We implement real solutions for you, as our customers, to help meet your expectations and needs as an environmentally conscious partner.
Our Group of companies practice responsible environmental management by conservation of resources, prevention of pollution, compliance with relevant legislation and by continually leading by example in adopting environmental best practice.
Some of our current commitments and projects include:
- Ongoing compliance with relevant legislation and Codes of Best Practice.
- Implementation of the CO₂counter®, a web-service that measures the CO₂ in a business transaction when it is quoted, purchased delivered or invoiced.
- Mercedes-Benz trucks using the BlueTec diesel technology. This has substantially reduced the particle and gaseous CO₂-e pollutants from exhaust gases. Currently 40% of the Visa fleet uses this technology. The rollout of low energy impact vehicles forms a vital part of Visa’s long term environmental strategy.
- Electric Crown forklifts within all of the logistics operation. These low polluting electric forklifts work throughout the material handling and staging areas.
- Setting measurable environmental objectives and targets.
- Assessing the effectiveness of our environmental performance by periodic auditing of our system and objectives.
- Creating awareness programs for our suppliers, quantify and mitigate the environmental impact of their activities.
- Communicating openly our policy and objectives to our employees, contractors, suppliers and clients in order to enhance their awareness of our ongoing commitment to responsible environmental management
- Providing appropriate training and resources to our employees to fulfill our environmental objectives and obligations.
For a quote or further information from the Visa Global Logistics team please contact us